Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Dimmit County

  •   State: 
    Texas
      County: 
    Dimmit County
      Zips: 
    78836
    78830
    78827
    78834
      Coordinates: 
    28.422536011298146, -99.75672608250623
      Area total: 
    1334.51 sq. mi., 3456.37 sq. km, 854088.32 acres
      Area land: 
    1328.89 sq. mi., 3441.80 sq. km, 850486.40 acres
      Area water: 
    5.63 sq. mi., 14.58 sq. km, 3601.92 acres
      Established: 
    1858
      Capital seat: 

    Carrizo Springs
    Address: 103 N 5Th St
    Carrizo Springs, TX 78834-3115
    Governing Body: Commisioners Court with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Dimmit County, Texas, United States

  •   Population: 
    8,615; Population change: -13.82% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    6.48 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $31,998
      Households: 
    3,356
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.40% per 6,487 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $5.86 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Dimmit County's population of Texas of 8,828 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,98-fold to 8,615 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.71% female residents and 48.29% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.43% in Dimmit County, Texas are married and the remaining 39.57% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.43% in Dimmit County, Texas are married and the remaining 39.57% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    3,980 residential units of which 75.88% share occupied residential units.

    21.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Dimmit County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.59% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 16.65% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.28% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.20% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Dimmit County, Texas 58.49% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.10% are rented apartments, and the remaining 20.41% are vacant.

  • The 107.32% of the population in Dimmit County, Texas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 24.370%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 75.050%) of those eligible to vote in Dimmit County, Texas.

Skyline of Dimmit County

In 51 U.S. states are published

994 Companies
756 Counties
910 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Catoosa Health Department

145 Catoosa Cir, Ringgold, GA 30736

Health Department-Nursing Division

110 E 4th St, Jamestown, NY 14701

Franklin Parish Health Unit

6614 Main St, Winnsboro, LA 71295

Human Resources Health Department

64 N Blvd # 102, Toccoa, GA 30577

Washington County Health Department

15068 Lee Hwy # 200, Bristol, VA 24202

Other Companies

Gaston County Health Department

991 W Hudson Blvd, Gastonia, NC 28052

Kanawha-Charleston Health Department

108 Lee St E, Charleston, WV 25301

Franklin City Health Department

200 Fairview Dr, Franklin, VA 23851

Iberia Parish Health Unit

715 Weldon St B, New Iberia, LA 70560

Board of Health

Ritter Memorial Building, 960 Massachusetts Ave, Lunenburg, MA 01462

Landscape of Texas