Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Cameron County

  •   State: 
    Texas
      County: 
    Cameron County
      Zips: 
    78568
    78553
    78592
    78523
    78551
    78578
    78567
    78535
    78575
    78593
    78578
    78575
    78583
    78559
    78566
    78578
    78597
    78552
    78586
    78526
    78520
    78521
    78550
      Coordinates: 
    26.15134122520825, -97.45296810958548
      Area total: 
    1276.43 sq. mi., 3305.94 sq. km, 816915.20 acres
      Area land: 
    891.64 sq. mi., 2309.34 sq. km, 570650.88 acres
      Area water: 
    384.79 sq. mi., 996.60 sq. km, 246264.32 acres
      Established: 
    1848
      Capital seat: 

    Brownsville
    Address: PO BOX 2178
    County Courthouse
    Brownsville, TX 78522-2178
    Governing Body: Commisioners Court with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Cameron County, Texas, United States

  •   Population: 
    421,017; Population change: 3.64% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    472 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $30,880
      Households: 
    119,299
      Unemployment rate: 
    10.20% per 169,074 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $10.37 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Cameron County's population of Texas of 77,540 residents in 1930 has increased 5,43-fold to 421,017 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.09% female residents and 47.91% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.66% in Cameron County, Texas are married and the remaining 38.34% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.66% in Cameron County, Texas are married and the remaining 38.34% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    154,905 residential units of which 85.54% share occupied residential units.

    22.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Cameron County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    72.99% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 19.76% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.67% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.44% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Cameron County, Texas 55.47% are owner-occupied homes, another 25.26% are rented apartments, and the remaining 19.27% are vacant.

  • The 50.89% of the population in Cameron County, Texas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 35.080%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 63.770%) of those eligible to vote in Cameron County, Texas.

Skyline of Cameron County

In 51 U.S. states are published

994 Companies
756 Counties
910 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Catoosa Health Department

145 Catoosa Cir, Ringgold, GA 30736

Health Department-Nursing Division

110 E 4th St, Jamestown, NY 14701

Franklin Parish Health Unit

6614 Main St, Winnsboro, LA 71295

Human Resources Health Department

64 N Blvd # 102, Toccoa, GA 30577

Washington County Health Department

15068 Lee Hwy # 200, Bristol, VA 24202

Other Companies

Chautauqua County Health-Fiscal

7 N Erie St, Mayville, NY 14757

Public Health Department

1155 S Oakland Ave, Carbondale, IL 62901

Union County Health Department

67 Chase Drive, Blairsville, GA 30512

North Central District Health Department

903 W Main St, Grangeville, ID 83530

Public Health Solutions

26 Court St #1911, Brooklyn, NY 11242

Landscape of Texas