Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Athens County

  •   State: 
    Ohio
      County: 
    Athens County
      Zips: 
    45740
    45716
    45739
    45782
    45719
    45778
    45766
    45735
    45761
    45711
    45732
    45723
    45780
    45710
    45764
    45701
      Coordinates: 
    39.33385749688691, -82.04512195486441
      Area total: 
    508.44 sq. mi., 1316.85 sq. km, 325400.32 acres
      Area land: 
    503.63 sq. mi., 1304.39 sq. km, 322321.28 acres
      Area water: 
    4.81 sq. mi., 12.46 sq. km, 3079.04 acres
      Established: 
    1805
      Capital seat: 

    Athens
    Address: 15 S Court St
    County Courthouse
    Athens, OH 45701-2836
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Athens County, Ohio, United States

  •   Population: 
    62,431; Population change: -3.59% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    124 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $31,726
      Households: 
    23,526
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.30% per 27,207 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    6.87%
      GDP: 
    $1.96 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Athens County's population of Ohio of 44,175 residents in 1930 has increased 1,41-fold to 62,431 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.12% female residents and 48.88% male residents live in as of 2020, 45.25% in Athens County, Ohio are married and the remaining 54.75% are single population.

    As of 2020, 45.25% in Athens County, Ohio are married and the remaining 54.75% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    26,386 residential units of which 89.81% share occupied residential units.

    22.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Athens County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    69.92% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.49% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.65% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.02% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Athens County, Ohio 55.58% are owner-occupied homes, another 36.11% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.30% are vacant.

  • The 21.29% of the population in Athens County, Ohio who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 31.170%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 66.290%) of those eligible to vote in Athens County, Ohio.

Skyline of Athens County

In 51 U.S. states are published

994 Companies
756 Counties
910 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Catoosa Health Department

145 Catoosa Cir, Ringgold, GA 30736

Health Department-Nursing Division

110 E 4th St, Jamestown, NY 14701

Franklin Parish Health Unit

6614 Main St, Winnsboro, LA 71295

Human Resources Health Department

64 N Blvd # 102, Toccoa, GA 30577

Washington County Health Department

15068 Lee Hwy # 200, Bristol, VA 24202

Other Companies

US Indian Health

115 4th Ave SE #400, Aberdeen, SD 57401

Personal Health Program

2337 McCallie Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37404

Warren County Health Department

1401 Sparta St, McMinnville, TN 37110

Lawrenceville Health Center

455 Grayson Hwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Glastonbury Health Department

2155 Main St, Glastonbury, CT 06033

Landscape of Ohio